Wednesday, March 5, 2008

First week of the trimester, 8th and 9th

This week is filled with disclosure documents, class rules and procedures, routine training, book assignments, and a little bit of a fun writing exercise. You can find a copy of the disclosure document in the right side bar. Be sure to have your parents check it out and sign it, and you should sign it too. Return it to me in a timely manner and I'll give you five whole points! Just think, you could start your semester with a 100%.

There have been some changes in the way I'm doing things this tri, so if you've had me before, you're going to need to adjust with me. First off, we will not be counting reading pages as part of your grade. You may cheer when you hear this news, but keep in mind it was an easy 15% of your grade before. You no longer have that cushion. I will continue to require outside reading, but it come in a different form of assessment. I will explain this all in class next week.

Another new procedure I have adopted this trimester is the late work voucher. You can read all about it in your disclosure document. Please be aware that I will not accept late work unless you have a voucher attached.

I'm looking forward to another great trimester. Check this site often for supplemental information to what we cover in class. I will include extra credit opportunities from time to time here on my blog, so check it often!