Monday, August 25, 2008

First day of school!!!

Welcome to language arts with Mrs. Cheney. Today we discussed rules and the disclosure document. If you were not here, you will need to get a disclosure document from me to take home to your parents to sign. Bring it back tomorrow for 5 points.

We also started a writing activity. We interviewed partners to find interesting experiences they have had. We will be writing a paragraph about our partners in class tomorrow. We will follow the writing process for all writing activities. Today we finished the prewriting step of the writing process.

I'm excited to get to know all of you. I love teaching and I'm happy to be your teacher.

For bonus points: The first student from each class period to tell me the first step of the writing process will earn 5 extra credit points.